graduate TRADER takes the privacy of your information very seriously. Our aim is to work to maintain your confidence and trust by treating your personal information with respect and security.
It’s important that you know what information Graduate Trader Ltd (known here as “we” or “Graduate Trader Ltd”) collects about you, and how we use it.
Our Privacy Notice is dependent on how you interact with us. For example, if you:
- purchase a product or service from our website; we will use the information you provide us to fulfil your order and deliver you that product or service, and, where you’ve agreed, keep you up to date about other products and services that may be of interest to you; or
- sign up to create a graduate TRADER account, we will use the information you provide us to enable you access to our website services, information, online tests and quizzes; or
Your choices and rights are explained in more detail below.
The Information We Have and How We Collect It
When you create a graduate TRADER account, buy one of our products or services, contact us or just generally use our website, we collect and store various pieces of information about you when you. We collect this information in the following ways;
- Billing and contact information. When you create an account or buy a product or service, we collect your billing and contact details, including your name, address, postcode, email address, phone number and payment details.
- Information you post. When you post something on a public space, such as social media or on our website, we collect the information you post.
- Demographics. From time to time, we may collect information such as your location, race, age range or gender. For example, this information could be collected as part of a survey we conduct.
- Test results. If you take an online test or quiz, we may collect and record details of your answers and results.
- Other. when browsing our website, we might collect other information about you including your location, your IP address, the site you came from, the device and browser you are using and how you can to our site. We may collect this information using GPS or Wi-Fi.
- We collect information directly from you. For example, if you create a graduate TRADER account, purchase a product or service, or register for a promotion. We also collect information if you email us to ask us a question.
- We collect information from you passively, using tracking tools such as browser cookies.
How We Use Your Information
Graduate TRADER collecs and uses your information for various reasons, such as providing you with access to our website and purchased good and services, sharing news and for marketing and as otherwise required by law. Further details are disclosed and described here;
- graduate TRADER uses your information to provide you with products and services. We use your information to create you a login account, process your order(s), and provide customer support to you. This can include sending you emails about your account or a product or service purchase.
- Graduate TRADER use your information to respond to your requests or questions.
- We may use your information to improve our website, products, and services. We may also combine the information we get from you with information about you we obtain from third-parties.
- We use your information for marketing purposes. We might, for example, send you information about offers or special promotions. We may also use your information to inform you about new features or products.
Who We Share Information with and Why
graduate TRADER may share your information with third-parties in it’s role in providing a product or service you are using or have purchased. This includes;
- Sharing your information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, we share information with website providers who help us manage our IT infrastructure or who fulfil your purchases.
- Sharing information if we think we have to comply with the law or to protect ourselves. We may share information if we are required to respond to a court order, or if a government agency requests it. We might also share information if we are investigating a suspicion of potential fraud.
- graduate TRADER may share information with any successor to all or part of it’s business. If part of our business is sold, For example, we may include our list of customers as part of that transaction.
- If we need to share your information for reasons that are not described in this Policy, we will inform you before doing so.
Your Rights and Choices
You have various rights, including your right to choose whether to receive marketing information from graduate TRADER. In addition, you also have the right to access the information we have about you. These rights include;
- You can opt-out of receiving our marketing emails. To do so, follow the instructions at the bottom of any of our marketing emails, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will still need to send you messages regarding your transactions as part of our fulfilment of purchased goods and services, even if you opt out of marketing communications.
- You can modify the information you have given us. To correct or delete information, log into your account and follow the instructions.
- You can control cookies and tracking tools. You can limit which cookies can be set through using the control functions in your browser settings. You can usually find these settings in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu for your browser.
How We Store Your Data
Using standard security measures that we have in place, we make sure your information is protected, and is deleted securely when we no longer need it. The method and security measures we use will be dependent on the type of information collected. However, please be aware that the internet is never 100% secure. We can’t promise that your use of our sites will be completely safe. If you think that an unauthorised account has been created using your name, contact us at email@example.com.
Please be reminded of the rights you have with regards to how your information is used. This includes:
- You have the right to object to us processing your data.
- You have the right to request that we erase your information, or restrict us from using your data further.
- You have the right to ask us for a copy of all of the information we hold about you.
- You have the right to amend, correct or update the data you have given us, such as your name or email address. You can do this when by logging in to your online account.
- You have the right to to challenge anautomated decision that we might make about you. This is a dcision that is made without any intervention from a human, and which has legal consequences. For example, when we process your credit card details when making a purchase.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you use the graduate TRADER website (including mobile site), we and/or third-party organisations may collect your information by using tools called ‘cookies’ and other technologies (for simplicity, we refer to all such technologies as ‘cookies’).
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are text files which contain small amounts of information that pass to your computer through your web browser, so that our website can remember who you are.
A cookie will stay on your computer for a depdent length of time, based on whether it is a persistent or session cookie. Session cookies are temporary cookies will stay on your computer until you leave the website. Persistent cookies will stay on your computer after you have finished browsing or until they expire or you delete them.
A web beacon/pixel tag, is an invisible image, placed within an email message or on a web page. Cookies can either be categorised into First or Third-Party cookies. In this instance, “First Party Cookies” are cookies that Graduate Trader Ltd places on your device. “Third Party Cookies” are cookies that are controlled by another party, but are placed on your device when you visit our website. We use Google Analytics cookies, for example, to collect information about your experience when using our website.
What Are Cookies Used For?
There are four different categories of cookies: essential, analytics, functionality and advertising cookies.
Essential cookies enable you to move around our websiteand use its features. Essential services, like the ability to access login pages and secure areas cannot be provided without these cookies being enabled.
Keeping you logged in to graduate TRADER during your visit, for example, relies on these cookies. Without them enabled, the site wouldforget you, and you would need to regularly log back in to your account. Similarly, if you’re buying a good or service from us, essential cookies keep your item(s) in your online basket, and ensure they are remembered when you reach the checkout.
Analytics cookies work to collect information about how you and others use our website, e.g. which pages you visit or how long you stay on these pages, and generally how users move from one link to another. Information collected is then rouped together with information from other people’s use of our site on an aggregated basis. If you are logged into your account, we may connect information from the cookies with your graduate TRADER account. These cookies therefore provide graduate TRADER with analytical information about how our site is performing and being used, which allows us to develop ways to improve it.
Functionality cookies allow graduate TRADER to remember the choices you and others make to tailor our site and provide unique content and features to you. These cookies can, for example, be used to remember your graduate TRADER username (but not your password) and remember other changes you’ve made to personalise our website to you, such as text size, font size.
Marketing & Advertising Cookies
Marketing and advertising cookes cookies are used to deliver marketing and advertising messages, which have been tailored to you and your experience, based on purchases you have made, how you have browsed, and things you have shown an interest in. graduate TRADER uses these cookies in collaboration with third-party organisations which provide tools to enable us to collate you with other users and target these messages and adverts. For example, when you browse our website, add items to your basket and/or make a purchase of one of our services, you may see adverts or messages for these or similar products. This could occur on our website, or on other websites/social media. This includes but is not limited to, Facebook adverts, search results in Google, or an email from us. You have the options to opt-out of this marketing if you so wish.
How to Manage Cookies From Our Website
Most internet browsers have functions that can allow you to manage and adjust your cookies preferences. For example, you can have your browser send you a notification you a new cookie is used, or you can use your browser to disable cookies alltogether. If you decide to disable or delete cookies, some websites will not work properly, and any saves user information may have to be reentered.
Changing Your Browser Settings
If you would like to limit or change your cookies setting, you can do this in your browser settings. Usually these settings can be found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your browser. For more information, please contact your browser provider.
Policy update: November 2020.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.